Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Ellis at aol dot com Jim Ellis at aol dot com is offline

Default Upgrading Outlets

Hi all,

I have a house that was built in 1955. The elctrical outlets are of
the two prong variety. I want to run a ground wire from the 100 amp
service to all the outlets in the kitchen and bathrooms and then add
GFCI outlets in these locations. I also want to run a ground wire to
the outlets in one bedroom that I will be using as an office and as
such it will have a fax, printer, and computer that all require
grounded outlets. My question is, how difficult is it to snake the
wires to the outlets? What if I just tape some three wire romex to the
old wire at the outlet and pull it through the existing hole?
Thoughts, opinions?