Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default British propensity for dimunitive nicknames (tranny, addy, proggy, etc.)

"clifto" wrote in message
news
Eeyore wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:

"N Cook" wrote:

Americans pay checks with bills - we pay bills with cheques.

Only in a restaurant is an invoice for monies due termed a "check."

Why is that ?

The same reason we drive on parkways and park on driveways.

If the plural of "mouse" is "mice", pluralize "house" and "spouse". (That
latter one should make one think.)

--
If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
you should stop exhaling.

So were we actually better off in the days before cats on car exhausts, when
we just poisoned the air with CO and assorted hydrocarbons and oxides of
nitrogen ? And if jet engines burn more or less the same stuff that car
engines do, and don't have cats on them, how come they now seem to put out
so much CO2 that the global warming brigade see it as a big issue ? d;~}

Arfa