Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz Dave Hinz is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:01:20 -0400, Tony wrote:
The only time Americans will get onboard with alternative energy is when
they have to hitch oxen to pull their oversized SUV's around, and they have
to use candles to light their homes, derived from their liposuctioned obese
fat asses.

I am on board with alternative energy, I don't have an SUV, I don't need
candles for my house (I have been replacing incandescants with CF's
though), and my ass isn't particularly wobbly. So I'd say that your
assumption is dead wrong.

Crude oil hit a record $80 per bbl today, with not even any major war/crisis
interupting oil flow.

Hurricanes don't exist in your world? Because in _this_ world, 2 of 'em
got knocked offline by Humberto or whatever it's called.

I can't wait till it goes over $200/bbl, and it costs
$10 per gallon for regular gas.

Sooner we start subsidizing biofuels the better. Let's get the
economies of scale going now, before it's a real crisis.

Americans dont want alternative energy (to much hassle, raises the price of
doritos), don't want windmills (spoils my view/noise/kills birds), don't
want nukes (too dangerous).

I question why you feel you're qualified to speak for Americans. This
one disagrees with nearly all you claim I believe.

They do want cheap energy from the all you can
eat buffet, and not in their backyard (NIMBY), while they use the atmosphere
as the CO2 dumping ground.

Yawn. Got anything useful? Because you're kind of stuck in a rut here.

In the years to come, as we are on the downhill ride from peak oil & gas
production, reality is going to be a cruel surprise, and there will be so
much CO2 released that our planet will become Venusian.

See, it's alarmist language like this that makes it impossible to take
your type seriously.