Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32529 Ignoramus32529 is offline

Default Bridgeport and location of VFD

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:19:02 -0700, Brent wrote:
On Sep 13, 11:35 am, Ignoramus32529 ignoramus32...@NOSPAM.
32529.invalid wrote:
On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:30:34 -0500, Pete C. wrote:
Pete, thanks... I like the idea of mounting controls there... I do,
however, want to see the screen of the VFD, it is very informative.

The VFD doesn't have a removable control panel I take it?

That's right.

I've seen some where the control panel pops right off and can be
extended to a convenient location. If you want to be able to se the
display perhaps still mount it at the back, but up on a stalk facing
forward so you can see the display when you want, but still remote
the controls up front.

I think that that is what I will do. Thank you Pete.

Ig woul it be possible to put the DRO AND the VFD on the arm?

Yes, I think so -- though if the arm is not stiff enough, I may not be
able to press VFD buttons one handed.

I think that I will remove the drive, install the DRO and then will
consider where to place the VFD.

VFD below the arm DRO above?

I'm soon to face the EXACT same question on my index mill

it requires three phase and i'll be giving it a VFD but i'm going to
hunt to a DRO to let my machine do mixed measurements. (I own an
imperial mill in a metrified nation)

The good news here is that you live in a metric nation.