Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Scott Peter Scott is offline

Default Document safe recommendations

Try cpc.farnell.com.

They've got a variety of safes. I've got three. A largish one for house
deeds, cheque books, currency, passports etc, and two smaller ones, one
for jewellery and the other for software masters, data disks and sticks.
They screw to a solid wall with bolts you have to use a spanner for. No
doubt a well-equipped burglar could eventually prise them off the wall
with a jack hammer but most burglaries are not done by people like that.
They're very cheap, less than £20, and I'm well pleased with them. I use
ones with a number code that you choose when you install them.

Nozza wrote:
Would like some recommendations for a document safe.

Would like to lock away spare keys, car keys, vehicle reg documents,
passports etc (not cash/jewellery)

Don't know what sort to get.

Have looked at various websites, but none seem to show BS Kite marks
etc for safes.

What are the battery powered LCD/LED enter a keycode safe like eg

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/7001026.htm

And how much should I be paying?

Anyone got any recommendations? Or is it a case of going to a security
company and getting someone else to put one in? Are they red rags to a
bull for a burglar?

Comments and thoughts wanted

Noz

Composed using Mozilla Thunderbird and virus checked using Grisoft AVG

Peter Scott