Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Bridgeport and location of VFD

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:46:24 -0500, Ignoramus32529
wrote:

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 14:36:01 GMT, Pete C. wrote:
Ignoramus32529 wrote:

Install the VFD on the back of the mill base, along with your braking
resistor. Make a small control box with your forward, reverse and stop
buttons and speed knob to mount at the bottom of the DRO panel.

Pete, thanks... I like the idea of mounting controls there... I do,
however, want to see the screen of the VFD, it is very informative.

Here's what works for me...
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/MillVFD.JPG
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/LatheVFD.JPG

Those older Mitsubishis are able to display 3 independent parameters,
so I wanted to keep them in view. The speed pot on the lathe is
mounted on the drive; the mill's is in the yellow pushbutton enclosure
along with the FWD-STOP-REV buttons.

--
Ned Simmons