Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:36:14 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 13:07:01 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:20:38 -0400, willshak
wrote:

on 9/12/2007 5:09 AM Gunner said the following:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:21:29 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

| How many gun owners belong to a "well regulated militia"?

I, and a great many others here, have so belonged.

United States Code 13

§ 311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males
at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of
title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a
declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and
of female citizens of the United States who are members of the
National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are-
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and
the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the
militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval
Militia.

Pay particular attention to Section 2

Gunner

311.(a) says the militia shall consist of 'able bodied males' between
the ages of 17 and 45, and 'females who are members of the National
Guard'.
I read that as males not in that age group, or females not in the
National Guard, are not members of a militia.
That's what it says, whether or not one disagrees with it.
(2) refers to 'members of the militia', which is defined in 311 (a)

From http://www.ushistory.org/people/minutemen.htm

"Although the terms militia and minutemen are sometimes used
interchangeably today, in the 18th century there was a decided
difference between the two. _Militia were men in arms formed _to protect
their towns from foreign invasion and ravages of war. Minutemen were a
small hand-picked elite force which were required to be highly mobile
and able to assemble quickly. _Minutemen were selected from militia
muster rolls by their commanding officers_. Typically 25 years of age or
younger, they were chosen for their enthusiasm, reliability, and
physical strength. Usually about one quarter of the militia served as
Minutemen, performing additional duties as such. The Minutemen were the
first armed militia to arrive or await a battle.

Bring on more insults.

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/tech...d5882.jpg.html

Since you wish to make claims regarding the 18th century....

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a
few public officials."
- George Mason, in Debates in Virginia Convention on
Ratification of the Constitution, Elliot, Vol. 3, June 16, 1788
Militia

"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves,
... all men capable of bearing arms;..."
- "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788 (either
Richard Henry Lee or Melancton Smith).

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that
we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall
have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other
terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American
... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the
federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever
remain, in the hands of the People."
- Tench Coxe, 1788.

http://www.a-human-right.com/predict2_s.jpg
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/5320-2/freedom.jpg

Oh..btw...the 45yr age restriction is unlawful, according to Federal
ADA laws.

In practice..the age restriction is ignored. Keep in mind that in
1778...45 yrs of age was close to the average life expectancy, so that
was considered close to elderly.

Oh..something else you should read...

"How we burned in the prison camps later thinking: What would things
have been like if every police operative, when he went out at night to
make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? If
during periods of mass arrests people had not simply sat there in
their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door
and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had
nothing to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush
of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever was at
hand? The organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of
officers and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed
machine would have ground to a halt."
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn, Nobel Prize winner and author of The Gulag
Archipelago, who spent 11 years in Soviet concentration camps.

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_gulag.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_monopoly.jpg

Since you have difficulties with written word....perhaps pictures may
be of assistance to you...

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_order.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_racist.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/history_s.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_colors3.jpg

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/5329-2/defender.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_how.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_rob.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_grenades.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_irs.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/panther_s.jpg

http://www.a-human-right.com/s_constitutional.jpg

Here we go! Hang on, folks, it's the battle of the Gun Quotes, and it's
going to be a bumpy ride...

So presenting verifyable data points to counter raw emotionalism from
my opponents is somehow a bad thing?

That depends on whether you like your rides bumpy. d8-)

Don't get grumpy, Gunner. I just know what's coming, and it could be a
beaut. If it were me I'd list all the citations from US v Emerson, 5th
Circuit Court of Appeals, and expect responses in November or so. g

Those are at hand..waiting in the wings. Think of them as claymores
for when the gomers human wave the wire...

Interesting and thought provoking pictures eh?

Gunner