Gunner

Default Building full-auto weapon

On Tue, 4 May 2004 11:59:23 -0700, "frank" wrote:

The 9th Circuit recently went over this one. A google search will
provide lots of details and discussions. Look for "ninth circuit machine
gun".

In U.S. v. Stewart, the circuit ruled that Congress has no power under the
Commerce Clause to ban home-made machine guns.

So at least in a few western states you can make whatever machine guns you
want!
My expectation is you will run into MANY practical difficulties. Your best
bet
would be to do the work inside the courthouse.

Thats the case I was thinking off, but didnt have time to dig it up..
Its an interesting case with some wide reaching ramifications.
Everyone is walking around this one like its a live bomb.

Gunner

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
y.com...
I have an idea for a new kind of full-auto weapon that I have been seeing

in
my head for a long time. I'm no where near ready to start machining stuff
yet but I am wondering how to do legal research and developing of the

idea.
So, do I call the ATF and say: "Hey I want to build a machine gun."? At
what point does it become a problem? It looks like I'll only need a few
pounds of unobtainium and some disapearium. The idea eliminates one whole
operation and could increase cycle rate by as much as 30% while

diminishing
recoil. It might do better if I could suspend some of the laws of

physics.

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden."
Strider