Posted to alt.home.repair
Senin Senin is offline

Default New Price Pfister kitchen faucet drips

On Aug 31, 7:34 am, Joe wrote:
Senin wrote:
I recently bought a new Price Pfister kitchen faucet (#53P-50SS). The
problem was, when I turned it off, it continued to drip for about 20
seconds, before stopping. Now that is kinda annoying since it is
brand new. 20 seconds is a long time. I would it expect it to stop
almost immediately. I contact Price Pfister and they sent me a new
head. Installed, but same problem. I contacted Price Pfister and
they sent me a new cartridge. Same problem. I called again and
explained the problem and asked if this was normal for this model.
This time the customer service rep said, "oh yeah they will drip like
that for about 2-4 weeks. Then they will stop. It has to d with the
pressure." That sounded very strange to me.

Has anyone else had this kind of experience? It just sounded
strange. And if it were true, wouldn't they note it in the
installation, operating instructions?

Judging from the posts here and my own experience, it is one of life's
enterprise miracles that P-F is still in business. As has been said
numerous times, don't bother with the miserable thing, get rid of it
now. The kindest thing we can say about P-F is that their ethics are
evidently better than many of their peers. Good luck.

Joe- Hide quoted text -

They even sent me a whole new faucet. That leaked. Price F is a dog.

I finally got smart and returned the damned thing. Installed a Moen.
No drip.