Posted to alt.home.repair
ValveJob ValveJob is offline

Default wood parque/glued over concrete slab

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:58:09 -0700, Wherwulf
wrote:

Is this a good idea or should I go with a normal laminate over an
underlayer. For reference the rooms are under 200 sq ft and the slab
previously was covrered with carpet. With the glue even out any
inperfections in the slab?

I did it on my slab and I love it. Can't wait to do the rest of the
house.

The only problem is that I used almost two 5 gallon pails of very
expensive adhesive.

And you need to put it on thick because it deadens the sound while
walking on it with high heels.

And if you can stay off it for a week or two then you can cover up
small imperfections of maybe 1/8 inch. More than that and you need
the leveling concrete.mix.