Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gonzo gonzo is offline

Default Original Nintendo

Kevin Dooks wrote:
Hi, I have alongside me an original Nintendo system that has a
problem. It hasn't been used in several years and when fired up today
just sits there with the power LED blinking and the video output
flashing in time with the LED. I have checked the 7805 and it's
producing 5.05 V. Now before I dig deeper into this thing does anyone
have any pointers as where to start looking.

I know these are cheap and easy to come by but there are sentimental
reasons for fixing this particular unit.

Needless to say any/all assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Replace the 72-pin connector. Easy, and a sure-fire
cure for the blinking light problem. Available on eBay.
Look for a kit that includes a cleaner and a tool for
dismantling the game carts, otherwise all the crap on
the game connectors will transfer to the new part.