Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David D David D is offline

Default What does the inside of the dv input/output on a camcorder look like? What is the connection mechanism to the firewire cable?

Thanks for that, but I need to know if I am going to do any damage to
the camcorder if I cross pins and the like, that is why I was hoping
to see a picture of the inside of the DV camera firewire port.

On Sep 12, 1:49 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 09:36:55 -0700, David D wrote:
I am trying to figure out why my firewire port doesn't work anymore on
my camcorder.

I am wondering just how the inside of it works - where the pins meet,
but I can't seem to find any information or images of what it looks
like. Does anyone know? I have taken apart the cable, but not the
camcorder (the camcorder has bent pins). I am hoping I can figure out
where the pins are bent and how the cable and the input on the
camcorder work together. Any help or images would be great.

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FireWire