Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

"Dave" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:

raden wrote:

In message , Gunner
writes

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:23:05 GMT, raden wrote:

John

Here in the US it is called a crew cut too. Back in the 50's there was
a singin8 group called "The Crew Cuts"

We used to call it a "bog brush" at school

--
geoff

why would anyone want to brush a swamp?

And you septics claim to understand English ?

--
geoff

We do, whe just don't get 'British'.

'English', not British, was the language that your founding fathers
brought to your shore. Was it the Mayflower that was one of the first
ships to land and populate that land?

Oh, hell, the French, the Spaniards, and the Dutch had been here for years
before the Mayflower. Except for the Dutch, they were here for nearly a
century before the English settlement at Jamestown, for that matter. The
English were come-latelies to North America.

It was you that chose to *******ise it, by ignoring the changes that we
made to it over the years. Hence we talk the same language, but do not
understand each other

I don't think we have much trouble understanding you. As for the differences
in punctuation and spelling, your source of today's accepted standards is
the same as ours: typesetters of the 17th and 18th centuries. We just had
different typesetters. And we had Noah Webster. g

--
Ed Huntress