Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default B*****y plumbers

"tim....." wrote in message

The market for small jobs is huge & very profitable. That's the secret
to this handyman malarky.

That's interesting.

It's just that it's the opposite of what the guy from Cambridge
who came here 3-4 years ago said (I wonder if he's still
lurking?).

Some of you will remember that he moved over to trying out
being a handyman, as he was then finding little work in IT
due to ageism (which is pretty much where I am now).

After about 2 years he gave it up because he couldn't find
enough small customers to make it worthwhile. He said
that there was enough work if he was prepared to take on
the bigger jobs but that he didn't want to (or couldn't) do
that.

I wonder if your high density location is the difference?

Or could it also be the 3-4 years? I reckon the home improvement bug is
still around, but some people are getting bored of doing it themselves. This
only needs to be a slight effect to give TMH a lot of work.

cheers,
clive