Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default B*****y plumbers

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 21:26:37 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

tim..... wrote:

Can you really get enough work just doing small jobs
(genuinely interested).

Absolutely. I'm currently booked solid until the 8 October with more jobs
coming in every day. Smallest job I've ever done is to change a single
light bulb - albeit 30' above a stairwell.

The market for small jobs is huge & very profitable. That's the secret
to this handyman malarky.

Agreed but how do you juggle the timings? The problem I find is that the
job that ought to take 5 minutes takes half the day and then you're phoning
up the next person to put them off. Or the half day job takes 5 minutes or
the client is out or whatever and you've got to find something else to do.

My ideal is to have a biggish (bread and butter) job I can go to when it
suits me and book in a small one first thing (my jam), moving onto the b&b
one when I'm ready.

--
John Stumbles

Procrastinate now!