Peter Ashby

Default This should make you laugh

BigWallop wrote:

ell. The job carried on for a few more minutes and the coffee mug stood
growing cold on the corner of the desk above my head where it had been
placed. In their pure concern, the lovelies, sorry, ladies, tell me to take
a break and have drink before the coffee got too cold and would be wasted.
I dutifully responded with a bright "OK"and then tried to stand up from
where I'd been sitting crossed legged on the floor. Totally unknown to me,
the office chair, you know the type with the little castor wheels on them,
had been pushed along just a tad by the young lady who'd brought the coffee
and one of the wheels had rolled over my boot lace and had actually fixed
itself tight into the loop of the bow which formed the fastening.

Ah, yes. That one. I have more than once tried to rise from such chairs
only to discover the intimate attachment between a wheel and my lace.

BTW how do you know the lovelies hadn't nudged the chair over your lace
deliberately in order to elicit the situation? Never discount the
conspiracy theory, they are fun.

Peter