Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Dumb soldering Q

Can't emphasize enough to use only solder flux rated for electronic
equipment. The solder flux in the solder is corrosive and if the wrong flux
is used will turn your electronic equipment into a bunch of green crude.
Look for the words: Rosin flux or electronic flux

Using plumbing flux is a definite no-no.

"Puddin' Man" wrote in message

I've got an old stereo receiver with a broken main switch (not
replaceable).
It won't power.

I can solder a jumper across 2 contacts on the switch board (I think).
Then add an in-line switch to the power cord.

Don't know much about soldering ...

What should I use for a jumper? Copper? Other material? Stranded?
Non-stranded?

Thx,
Puddin'

"Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens!"
-Friedrich Schiller