Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,or seen so far ?

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 11:45:10 +0100, "tim....."
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:37:03 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

Here in the US we dont let the mentally ill own firearms
either.

Perhaps you can enlighten us with the number of murders by gun crime
both in the US and the UK then - just to prove you're right.

Remember to cite your sources.

Of course.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

Note that those are total murders by all methods

Now lets look at those committed with firearms

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...rms-per-capita

Seems that you have more than your fair share of murders by means
other than firearms.

So a murder by blunt object is superior to murder by bullet eh?

Oh..it should be noted that the UK has been under reporting its crime
rate by a significant number of incidents. Millions in fact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/core/Cont...&site=5&page=0

And other countries don't do that?

I betya they do.

tim

When you can provide cites from major media in those countries
themselves admitting it, please bring it forth.

Aw come on.

Everyone knows that the press exagerate (in the UK
anyway) and you want me to bring you press reports
as *proof*!

tim