Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Stauffer in Minnesota Don Stauffer in Minnesota is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Sep 12, 6:17 am, Maxwell Lol wrote:
Gunner writes:
http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...inessNews&stor...

I don't have the reference, but someone told me that if we switched to
biofuel, we would starve because we would need all of the land
available to make the fuel - and there would be nothing left for food.

That is only true for SOME biofuels. It depends on the crop and the
type of land it needs to grow on. I agree the use of corn to produce
biofuels is maybe not such a good idea. But there are biofuels from
plants that can be grown on land that cannot be used, or is marginal,
for farm products.

There was a thing about a decade ago about a cactus that grows in
desert areas that can produce a fairly good synthetic gasoline. Those
are the kinds of crops that should be pursued.