Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ted Samuels Ted Samuels is offline

Default The devil made me do it

William Noble wrote:
if there is electronics, it's most assuredly damaged - power the motor separately
from the electronics and see if it works, if yes, then you at least know where to
look - a modern DC motor control is not too expensive though and there are a lot
on ebay, otherwise look at Minarik.com they make nice ones

I was hoping to get a steer in the direction of what's most likely damaged . In
any case I gave myself a good lesson on reversing.

Thanks again T

Thanks William (Bill)

Yes, I expect my adventure will cost me the price of a new controller. Kind of a shame.
It was a nice setup. I suppose I could still use it to provide the field current and
a variac with a rectifier for the current to the armature. I enjoy tinkering.

The lathe is already powered so there is no urgency. I just thought the reverse and
variable speed of the DC motor would have been a nice touch.

Thanks for the good advise.