Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default How durable are cheap tools?

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 15:26:09 +0100, "tim....."
wrote:

I have some scrap wood that I need to cut up into
short lengths to make wood for the fire.

I am fed up doing this by hand and a jigsaw which I
already have doesn't seem the appropriate tool.

I was looking for something cheap and found that B&Q
sell a mitre saw for under 30 pounds.

As I'm not interested in the mitre, I will probably be pretty
heavy handed with it. Is it likely that this be up to the job
or is it going to break after a few cuts?

tim

SOGA things must be fit for the purpose. Use it and if it breaks take
it back for another. If you do all the cutting you need in one day and
it lasts will it have been worth the cost?
Is the ag of taking stuff back too much?
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
Or get it delivered for free