Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default What have been the worst home handyman accidents you've had,orseen so far ?

clipped
automated and tied into the National Crime Information Center. Still,
some of the issues raised in the UK report also apply to the US--if
nobody reports the crime then it doesn't go into the system for
example.

Would be very interesting if the difference in US and worldwide crime
rates turned out to be an artifact of the reporting.

This thread has wandered way off topic, but the issue is important.
There is great political benefit, in all kinds of arenas, for crime not
to be reported. I have had a couple of experiences with that issue -
once, a cop outright refused to acknowledge that damage had been done
per my complaint. On two occasions, I was very intimidated - not
normally easy to accomplish - by hostile cops when I called assault.
Given the racial issues lots of cops have (and which I have personal
knowledge of), if I was of another race I probably would have worse
treatment to relate. I once had almost sacred respect for police
officers, but those who are deserving have been hard to find in recent
years. And I'm not a loud-mouthed juvenile delinquent - far from it )