Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Mica versus Silicone pad insulators

Arfa Daily wrote:

And to Graham, I HATE amps that have live heatsinks. Just a few days ago, I
had a big AV amp on the bench that nearly threw me off my chair when I laid
the edge of my hand across the two heatsinks ready to take some measurements
with the meter probe in the other hand. This thing had rails of about +/-
80v, so it dumped 160v across my hand. Basstud thing ...

You're not supposed to rest your hand inside live equipment !

I hope you take more care with LOPTs etc.

Graham