Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Unknown Unknown is offline

Default Timer?

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 00:50:17 GMT, Ecnerwal
wrote:

,;In article ,
,; "SteveB" wrote:
,;
,; Where would I look for a timer that would turn on an AC circuit for a short
,; time. Slightly different than the outdoor light timers, for I would like to
,; turn if on for small amounts of time, say five minutes every two hours.
,;
,; Steve
,;
,;Some of the digital timers can do this, but it's very hard to find them
,;in a "local store" and very hard to tell in any detail what the timing
,;limitations are on ones you buy mail-order until you actually get them.
,;
,;Let's see if I can find a link to the one exception I found (there may
,;be many I did not find) to that rule, but with the added disincentive of
,;a price too rich for my budget.
,;
,;Not the same one, but at a much better price than the one I recall and
,;from MSC (so probably available elsewhere, cheaper) is the Intermatic
,;DT17C, claiming 14 on/off cycles per day with a minimum ON time of 1
,;minute, at $36.83 (not all that high-powered, but you haven't said what
,;you need.)

DT17C under $20 at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...rocess=default

Watch the word wrap that URL is a long one. Got it with Google.