Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Dumb soldering Q

"mm" wrote in message
On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 19:46:22 -0700, "
wrote:

any copper wire.

why not run 2 wires from existing switch and use a different switch
install in convient location

Those little switches that clamp onto lamp cord are nice. I"m sure
they can be soldered on. I paint two parts of the white dial red so I
can tell when the switch is on. I usually use nail polish. It has
it's own brush.

I put one of those on a lamp for a friends mother. After months of use it quit
working. Taking it apart, I found that it had been internal arcing where it made
a poor connection to the wire. It could have started a fire. That's the last
time I use one of those.

Bob