Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Equipment, and the Useless Eco- legislation ...

Arfa Daily wrote:

I have just had a Denon AVR1800 AV amp come across my bench. It is a
reasonably sophisticated model with six channels and Dolby Digital and DTS
modes, optical inputs and so on. It has an open circuit power transformer
primary. Enquires to the Denon spares agent came back with the surprising
news that it is "no longer available".

Now this is not what I expect from a company like Denon, given that
according to the date codes on all the components, it was only manufactured
in 1999. So what are governments doing, by forcing all of this lead-free
crap on us in the name of eco-friendliness, and squealing about householders
and their lack of recycling responsibility, and then allowing major Japanese
manufacturers to get away with stuff like this ?

Why do you think the problem here is related to daft eco-legislation ?

Graham