jim

Default Building full-auto weapon

Tom Gardner wrote:

I have an idea for a new kind of full-auto weapon that I have been seeing in
my head for a long time. I'm no where near ready to start machining stuff
yet but I am wondering how to do legal research and developing of the idea.
So, do I call the ATF and say: "Hey I want to build a machine gun."? At
what point does it become a problem? It looks like I'll only need a few
pounds of unobtainium and some disapearium. The idea eliminates one whole
operation and could increase cycle rate by as much as 30% while diminishing
recoil. It might do better if I could suspend some of the laws of physics.

apply for a manufacturers license and for what you want to manufacture
with the ATF... if you get the license then you dont have a problem..
problem is i bet there is a big money fee for the permit, or a bond that
you or the average person cannot afford.. like the license for alcohol
making stuff years ago... that is what the charges would be in the old
days... some states even have their own license requirements... like to
make wine in louisiana there was a $50,000 license that went back to the
prohibition days.. just recently it was lowered to $500 so the small
vineyards could get a license....