Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Timer?

In article ,
"SteveB" wrote:

Where would I look for a timer that would turn on an AC circuit for a short
time. Slightly different than the outdoor light timers, for I would like to
turn if on for small amounts of time, say five minutes every two hours.

Steve

Some of the digital timers can do this, but it's very hard to find them
in a "local store" and very hard to tell in any detail what the timing
limitations are on ones you buy mail-order until you actually get them.

Let's see if I can find a link to the one exception I found (there may
be many I did not find) to that rule, but with the added disincentive of
a price too rich for my budget.

Not the same one, but at a much better price than the one I recall and
from MSC (so probably available elsewhere, cheaper) is the Intermatic
DT17C, claiming 14 on/off cycles per day with a minimum ON time of 1
minute, at $36.83 (not all that high-powered, but you haven't said what
you need.)

Actually, some sort of low end PLC might be the ticket, but I don't have
any direct personal experience with them.