Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B*****y electricians

robgraham wrote:

I helping my sin-in-law to refurbish a flat. The kitchen has a number
of wall mounted spotlights we want to replace BUT the (expletive)
electrician who wired them in 20 or so years ago I reckon, cut off the
earth wire in the t & e and then buried it back into the plaster -
with cement as my now suffering chisel discovered !

Will we be able to get wall mounted spots that are double insulated ?
Alternatively if I dig far enough I might be able to get the earth
path restored if I use a choc block connector - is this acceptable?

Thanks

Rob

double insulated lights are common now. Screwfix does basic R80
spotlights for a couple of squid.

NT