Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default B*****y electricians

On 11 Sep, 20:10, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm wrote:

Will we be able to get wall mounted spots that are double insulated ?
Alternatively if I dig far enough I might be able to get the earth
path restored if I use a choc block connector - is this acceptable?

Not if the connection needs burying in plaster again.
Excavate your way back a bit, then crimp and heatshrink a new bit of
cable on. You can then plaster that in safely.

But also check the earth is connected at 'the other end'. I wouldn't bet
on it.

--
*A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks guys - I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist at the other end
either ! I see I'm not the only one moaning about tradesmen !

Rob