Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
[email protected] marc.britten@gmail.com is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

On Sep 10, 11:55 am, Jamie
t wrote:
wrote:
Unfortuantely it doesn't seem that simple. The speed control has what
looks like a some kind of semiconductor/IC (3 leads), a diode, and
maybe a fixed resistor in addition to the slide pot. I don't know if
they're doing pulse width modulation or what.

That's a simple phase control SCR circuit.
the diode is a DIAC.. etc..
if it's not firing, I would check the pot and
resistor.

Trace it with a volt meter. Probably a bad solder job and the heat
from the controller loosened something up. Easy fix if you have a
decent iron.