Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Twin cities

On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:27:05 -0700, wrote:

I'm going there from Sep. 14 t0 21.for a reunion. Can anyone tell me
about
places or events within a radius of about 200 mi. that would be
interesting to
someone who's into machinery, machining, etc? I'm familiar with the
science and
railroad museums. Thanx, Engineman.

Call FMC in Fridley, and ask if Rick Sawrey (yes, S-a-w-r-e-y), or
Stan Cieselski still works there, and tell them Rich Grise sent you
(say 'gryce'), and see if you can arrange a tour. They make gun
mounts and missile launchers for the Navy, or they did when I worked
there 15 years ago. ;-)

If you like boats, Lake Minnetonka is less than an hour from
downtown, due west on I-94. :-)

Also, see how they're doing on the bridge repair. Maybe you could
give us a sort of "progress report". :-)

Have Fun!
Rich