Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Scientific Atlant 4250HD - delay issues

Forcing resolution on the 8300 HD is not related to aspect ratio. That is a
separate setting. The 8300 can up and down convert resolution. To make
channel switching faster, set it for one resolution and leave it there. If
the 4250 can't do that see if they will give you the better model.

"Woodlandites" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 10, 2:42 am, "Art" wrote:
Can't you just set it to output one resolution so it doesn't switch? My
plasma is 720p so I have my 8300DVR set to always output 720p. It
upconverts automatically. If the 4250 can't do that ask for a 8000HD.

Yeah, the 4250 doesn't 'permit' you to force the resolutions (which is
really just forcing the aspect ratio) when you use an HDMI cable.