Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Masta Bob Masta is offline

Default Sony KV-27S36 HV-to-flyback connector

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:07:35 -0400, "JANA"
wrote:

This sounds more like a vertical deflection fault rather than a horizontal
fault. I have my doubts has anything to do with the flyback, unless it is
one of the supply voltages from that section.

Most of the common failures in your model series for this type of fault are
many of the electrolytic caps and cold solder connections to the output
devices since they run very hot.

Use a heat gun and circuit freeze to troubleshoot for the fault. Heat the
caps in the vertical deflection area, and then test them with an ESR meter.
You can then use the circuit freeze to test the questionable caps in the
cold state after you find them to be failing from heat.

Thanks for the advice. I will certainly check into these things.
I agree the problem sounds like vertical deflection, but I am
trying to work with the fact that I can bring it on by gently poking
the HV cable at the top of the flyback. Doesn't seem to be
enough motion to be wiggling the whole flyback and thus
flexing the circuit board, etc.

Best regards,

Bob Masta

D A Q A R T A
Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis
www.daqarta.com
Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator
Science with your sound card!