Roy J

Default Sale on a beginner's welder at HF?

I have a similar unit set up for flux core only. And I just HATE
it. In the shop I have several stick and MIG outfits to choose
from, the little guy collects dust. But when I need to travel
(race cars among other things) guess which one goes with me?
Works fine for adding an extra roll bar support after the rules
committee got in their licks!

And I did teach my daughter how to use it for Theater set
construction, works great on the 1" sqaure, 16 gauge steel tubing
used on bigger they use there. Joints are real pretty, works
great for that.

Mike Patterson wrote:

Harbor Freight has a 90-amp welder, normally $200 for $120.
Uses "self-shielding flux-cored welding wire".

Is this thing suitable for a home hobbyist newbie like me to learn
with? Any gotchas other than that it came from HF?

Thanks folks.

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.