Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Used Car Donation

"nico" wrote in message
ps.com...
Good to know!! Read it............. If you are considering donating a
used car to a charity there are several things you need to know. Your
donation benefits not only you but also recipient of your donation. Of
course, who your recipient is and how they will use your used car
varies from donation to donation.
read more he
Autos News
http://www.zone-car.com

I can not recall the exact number right now, but there is a form that ANYONE
can request from ANY charity that specifies the exact percentage that
actually reaches the "clients" of that charity. Anyone who won't give you
that information deserves a pass on the donation. Sometimes, they say, I'm
sorry, but I'm not allowed to give out that information. Funny. By law,
you're SUPPOSED to provide it on request.

I have been involved in many charitable groups, most notably City of Hope.
Some of the others were absolute scams, using fund raising events for a
bunch of fat cats to play a day of golf, shmooze, network, and get $500
worth of golf equipment for their "donation". A typical day would bring in
$100k with about $35k going to the actual charitable organization.

Then they would get up there, all half drunk or fully drunk, and backslap
each other and tell all what a wonderful thing they had done. Hell, if
you're so generous, just give them the entry fee, and don't get the golf,
the goodies, and a catered dinner as payback. Give the whole $100k instead
of $35 after the bacchanalian bash.

Charitable organizations enjoy the 501 C3 IRS exemptions far far too much.
Topheavy management with overpaid staffers plus benefits riding in limos or
otherwise living damn good for someone one who is collecting money to feed
homeless hungry people with no benefits or insurance.

I'd just as soon give the guy on the street $5 as give it to a charity and
know that the end user is lucky to get a dollar.

As for the car, sell it, and go buy some blankets or coats and pass them out
on a cold winter's evening. That is what REAL charity is all about.

Steve