BigWallop

Default Silicone lubricant

"IMM" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"JimM" wrote in message
I've recently installed a 4 fold shower screen from B&Q and the last

job
on
the instructions is to squeeze silicone lubricant between the hinges.
Unfortunately it looks like I accidently threw away the small sachet

they
supplied so I need to source some more. Anyone got any ideas of where

may
get some of this. (It looks like clear silicone sealent but I'm

guessing
doesn't set)

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim,

A smear of ordinary cooking oil does the same job. (extra virgin olive

oil
if you really want to be posh) :-))

Bur probably not for long. Silicon lubricant will last a long time.

Because the moisture evaporates from vegetable oils it goes greasy and
repels water. It remains in this state for many years. It worked when they
built the Pyramids, why can't it work today ? :-))