Jon Anderson

Default Building full-auto weapon

"Geo. Anderson" wrote:

When you assemble one.

I'd be careful about that one. Seems to me there's wording to the effect
that owning parts to make something full auto is a no-no.
A manufacturing license/permit would go a long was towards avoiding
problems.

I do believe one has to be in a state where it's possible to own full
auto firearms to make them. I had an idea once I wanted to try, but was
told by a local gun shop I'd have to move to Nevada to build and test. I
never looked into it beyond that.

Higher cyclic rate means hotter barrels.

Ever see a magazine called Pistolero years ago? Whata bunch of
borderlines, though they could be pretty straightforward and funny at
times. Anyway, I recall seeing an article about a guy that had developed
a .22 rimfire that allegedly would rip off 3000 rounds/minute, feeding
cartridges via cloth belt. The whole firearm was housed in a large
heavily finned aluminum housing. Didn't much look like a weapon really.
One picture showed the weapon allegedly firing and there sure seemed to
be a fair amount of brass coming out the ejection port... Of course
there's a big difference between a .22 and a cartridge with any
practical military value.

There was a submachine gun, Swedish I think, that had the bolt running
up a ramp at an angle to the bore's axis. This generated a downward
thrust to counter muzzle climb. Supposed to have worked pretty well,
allowing good control at high rates of fire. Looked funny though, sorta
like it got run over by a truck and bent...G

Jon