Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Merrill David Merrill is offline

Default Putting 10 lbs. of Tools In a 5 lb. Shop

I happened to be in Sams Club this morning. In addition to the shelf units
described by Don ($56 IIRC) they also had a similar, but shorter, shelf unit
on casters equipped with 18 fairly robust, grey polyethylene storage bins
($96 IIRC).

David Merrill

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

Welded wire shelf units from Costco. They are much stronger than the
cheezy "consumer" sheetmetal shelving units, not a lot more expensive.
They don't collect dust and it's easy to see what's on 'em. Shelf
heights are very easily adjustable. They're chrome-plated steel,
don't rust. I think they're rated at something like 350 lb per 18" x
48" shelf. My units are 76" high, 6 shelves in each. Each unit was
about $70. They come with casters, easy to move if useful to do so.

I put misc small stuff in polyethylene tubs from Wal-Mart, tubs then
go on the shelves. They're much more robust than cardboard boxes,
and they're cheap.