Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calculating BTUs from radiator size

In article ,
DIY-Not writes:
Hi

I'm replacing a single panel radiator with a towel radiator. So I can
select the correct size of towel rad I need to calculate the BTU
output from the original. The original rad is 730mm x 690mm and keeps
the room nice and toasty.

Is there an approximate calculation for this?

Assume the output of the towel rail is zero, which it pretty much
is when it's got towels on it. The rating published is with no
covering, which is not how towel rails are used. Thus you probably
don't want to get rid of your radiator when you add a towel rail.

--
Andrew Gabriel