Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.engineering.electrical
B Fuhrmann B Fuhrmann is offline

Default how to bypass dremel tool internal variable speed control?

hillpc wrote ...
I'm on my second electronic variable speed control inside my Dremel
model 395 tool. This one just crapped out with the same temperamental
symptoms as the last one. I need to use the tool tomorrow night, and
would like to bypass the internal variable speed circuitry to simplify
it; maybe buy an external control later.

. . .
Can anyone help?

This is one of those cases where "If you don't know already, you probably
shouldn't be doing the job".

The wiring should be simple enough to do it by inspection. If it isn't, you
really need the schematic and the ability to understand it.

Unlike the other poster, I really doubt that the motor speed control is just
a pot.

--
Bill Fuhrmann