Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek H Derek H is offline

Default Which Bowl Gouge To Buy?

I have purchased premade wood handles from CraftSuppliesUSA. They sell P&N
unhandled tools too. All my McNaughton coring tools have their own wood
handle. All you have to do is drill holes in the end. They are
prefinished. I think the biggest are around $7. Sure you can make your
own, but if time savings is the issue, you can be ahead to buy.

Derek

"skidog" skidog@snownews wrote in message
I will most probably by a handled tool this time around but will be looking
at Packard Tools in my next upgrade. Thanks again...Joel
"skidog" skidog@snownews wrote in message
I'm considering purchasing a bowl gouge from Woodcraft. I figure the
gouge should have a bar diameter of at least 1/2". I can only afford one
bowl gouge at this time and I'm stuck between a 3/8" or 1/2". I'm
currently working on a Delta Midi and not turning large pieces. Which of
the following manufacturers is the best value for the dollar: Pinnacle,
Sorby, Ellsworth Signature or Crown Pro PM? Thanks in advance....Joel