Posted to rec.woodworking
Par Par is offline

Default 2 questions about axes

Andy Dingley :
OK, so it _might_ need soaking if you move to somewhere extremely hot
and the eye expands, but this still isn't because the timber shrank.
Don't fit handles to cold heads in winter.

One interesting trick I've used as a temp solution is soaking in linseed
oil. If you soak in water it gets loose again one it dries, but the
linseed oil will tend to stay or even harden. Still only a temporary
fix, not a true solution.

Then there is the Araldite crowd and their solutions to loose axeheads.
I won't comment, since sensitive souls (Foreign Legion noncoms,
longshoremen, etc) might take objection to my choice of language.

/Par

--
Par
"It's a teeny-weeny bit bigger than all the original files. For