Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Need new bottom freezer fridge - which one?

The freezer door on the LG is the most interesting though I would probably
not buy one based on distribution problems for parts.

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 8, 10:49 am, "Tony" wrote:
We've been using bottom freezer refrigerators for many years.

A search online shows KitchenAid and
LG now offering the type we like (single top door, single hinged - not
slide
out - bottom door).

May I ask a question, please?

I don't have a bottom freezer 'frig, but whenever mine dies, and I
hope that's a loooong loooong time from now, I would like to have a
bottom model. My question is what is the difference or benefits of a
hinged bottom door vs. a slide out door?

Also, do you pack your items flat or on their side to see what's in
the freezer? That probably sounds like a silly question, but I've
always wanted to know.