Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Softened water on plants

"Tony Hwang" wrote

Little off topic, we noticed BIG difference when we water the plants with
rain water(we collect it from down spouts, we have 3 barrels storing rain
water) and using softened or regular tap water.
Rain water is best.

Even more off topic ...........

I have a new Kinetico softener in the house. Had I been eligible to vote on
the thing, I would have gotten a much cheaper model from the Borg or online.
But that's another issue for another thread.

I have the luxury of irrigation water. A 1 1/2" line off the 14" main that
supplies irrigation water to all the rural residences in my area. I pay
$100 per year, no metering. So, all outside hose bibs and water manifolds
are tied into this line. Anything I can attach to the line and as much
water as I can run through it. I run MaxiPaw Rainbirds on the yard. Nearly
five dozen bubblers to the trees. On some of the stations, I am maxed out,
so I run them more frequently.

Sometimes living at the end of the road has its advantages.

Steve