Posted to alt.home.repair
komobu komobu is offline

Default fireplace gas logs

I am looking for suggestions as to what kind of gas logs to purchase and
install and what to look for when installing these.

Thanks for suggestions.

I bought two sets of logs from a guy on ebay. His user name is
jmays92996 . His Phone Number is 314 581-9168. He gave me the absolute
best prices on Monessen which is a very nice hi quality system. I live
in Virginia and I could have bought one set locally at a gas supply
house for 800 dollars. He sold me two sets for 1100. He was very
helpful and even talked on the phone with my installers to guide them
through the process. I highly reccomend that you see if he has any
auctions going on, or give him a call.

As for vented or non vented, my house was made in 62. I too have a big
fireplace. I installed the non-vented ones. They are really beautiful
and I get all the heat coming into the house and none wasted up the
chimney. Since we have a heat pump, the gas logs are a nice way to go.

Take Care
Pat