Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony TC-K590: capstan-motor always running when power is on?

Robert Linden wrote:

William Sommerwerck schrieb:
I can't think of any good tape recorder I've owned that _didn't_ run the
capstan motor all the time. It simply makes sense.

Oh. My other non-crappy recorder (onkyo ta-2550) doesn't do it. Thanks for the
info (also to Meat Plow). Care to explain why that makes sense? The downsides
are that it wastes power and make (soft, but anyway) noises. What is it good for?

Thanks & all the best,
rob

The capstan motor usually has a fan blade to cool the deck.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida