Gunner

Default Grinding wheels for HSS

On 3 May 2004 21:44:17 GMT, (Charles A.
Sherwood) wrote:

In article ,
Machineman wrote:
The best wheel would be a Borazon plated or resin bond similar to a
diamond wheel. But these are kind of pricey.

I have not found any plate mounted wheels other than green or basic AO.
I would gladly pay for a hi tech abrasive wheel, like a 5SG, if
I could find one.

invest in a cheap 8" bench grinder and put a couple of toolroom
wheels on it to rough out the toolbits first before you finish the
angles on the baldor.

Interesting idea. I am not real good at free hand grinding toolbits
which is why I spent the bucks on the baldor. Of course I use the
baldor to rough out the toolbits before finishing them on the glendo!
Yes I need another tool. 8 inch grinder for me! thanks

chuck

I rough mine out on the 6x48 bench belt sander or the 12" disk. Works
fast and saves wheels. 30 grit gets the metal off quick.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell