Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman Bruce L. Bergman is offline

Default cooler thermostat help

On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 08:23:00 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I used the Penn A419 (1760K77) on a Sauna where nothing else worked,
too cool for an oven stat, too hot for a room... It's fine except
when one of the residents tries messing with anything other than the
setpoint - it's either totally locked or totally unlocked, no
'setpoint change only' option... Then I have to go and reset it.

They have factory longer lead thermistor sensors available. Put it
in conduit for damage protection. And the Penn has nifty features -
all the setpoints and timing is programmable...

BINGO! I'm orderring two on Monday. McMaster doesn't list the long lead
but says they are available. Can you suggest a vendor to just order from?

You can use the thermistor that comes with it and splice on some
more wire - ISTR that there's a gauge restriction, but not onerous -
needs 18 Ga or 16 Ga copper thermostat wire.

Might call for twisted, but that's used as speaker wire for home
theatre pre-installs. Available at The Borg.

If McMaster gives you a long lead time, try a local refrigeration
house - Johnstone Supply is national, and has locations everywhere.

-- Bruce --