Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design
Frithiof Andreas Jensen Frithiof Andreas Jensen is offline

Default Running Unix Program in Windows??

"Jim Thompson" skrev i en
meddelelse ...
I know there are shells to allow running a Windows program in Unix.

Is there like-wise a method to run a Unix-based program in Windows?

Cadence Virtuoso - Expensive name like that sounds like it wants Solaris!

Your best bet might be to get Solaris 10 off SUN Microsystems, install
Solaris on an x86/x64 (which would be Athlon64 or Intel equivalent) PC and
use that: It happens to be Gratis (not free ;-)
http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp .

If Cadence Virtuoso is for the SPARC architecture you might be screwed ...
err ... have to rent a real SUN box.

A.F.A.I.K Linux has an emulation layer for running Solaris binaries - but,
maybe, it is not used often enough to find all bugs ;-) Going that way you
should at least get one of the big distros, SUSE f.ex. I would try Solaris
first, though.